How To Cancel Your Telkom Line
Jacques du Rand 2017-11-03
The easiest way to cancel your telkom account is via the online Telkom Portal
There are many reports of cancellation form submissions being rejected and a full Telkom mailbox. Luckily Telkom also now has an online option to let you cancel your services. You can login on their service portal and will find it under "Manage Accounts".
See image below:
Show cancellation steps
As you’re preparing to switch to your new fibre internet Vumatal - many of you are probably asking: how do I cancel my Telkom line? And you’re already dreading the hours you need to spend queuing in a shop and dealing with unhelpful people.
Just make sure you have fibre coverage and that you know from which fibre network you have coverage.
Do not cancel your Telkom account until your new fibre is live.
Good news! We’ve uncovered how to do this online. Yes. You can cancel your Telkom account without moving away from your laptop, in the comfort of your own home and time. And we’re going to show you how to do this step by step.
3-Step Telkom Account cancellation:
Step 1: Download the Cancellation Form Telkom Cancellation Form
Step 2: Use a PDF editor like PDFescape to complete your form online. No printer needed!
Step 3: Email the form together with a copy of the account holder’s ID/Passport to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s that simple.
Do keep in mind that this is only for Fixed line or ADSL cancellations and that all Telkom account cancellations require a 30 day notice period.
Once you’ve submitted the form, you’ll receive a confirmation of receipt, and the fine print reads: “Your request will be attended to within 21 business days.” So, if you’re hoping that this request would be acknowledged faster, perhaps try going to your nearest Telkom Counter, or starting your process 2 months early.
But if you’re like me, and you will avoid queues at any cost, I’m happy to even pay an extra month just to avoid the queues!
Other useful information :
- This mailbox handles consumer fixed line cancellation requests only and for all other requests e.g. Billing, Faults, DSL Speed issues or Order Progress, please call Telkom on 10210.
- Moves and relocations can be completed online at www.telkom.co.za/moving
- For Business fixed cancellation requests, please provide a cancellation letter on the company letterhead accompanied by a copy or the account holder’s ID to email@example.com. The business cancellation form is available at here.
- If you have a DSL service with another service provider please first contact your DSL services provider, cancel your DSL with them and inform them to convert your DSL line back to a voice service (PSTN). Once confirmed, then please email your voice line cancellation request to Telkom.
- Also Read How Much Speed (Mbps) Do You Really Need.
- Also Read Best Routers - According To The Internet
Fibre and LTE Internet Comparison Service
Loading Fibre Deals for Vumatel, OpenServe, Frogfoot, WiFi, LTE and more...
Compare WiFi / LTE deals from Telkom and Rain.
Test your internet speed.